Here’s all you need to know about this year’s Gong Ride
Gong Ride Overview
Tickets for the Bus, Accom and Dinner can be purchased at our online store.
All Soft Cogs Inc members will automatically recieve a 10% discount. Make sure you’re logged on to get this benefit!
Please book early. Not just to avoid disappointment – but also for us to be able to plan!
For first time riders, here’s a breakdown of how Soft Cogs Inc makes the Gong Ride experience so awesome.
- Jersey & uniform – head to our online shop to get your current jersey so you look part of the team
- Bus – leaves from the Hunter Saturday 5th Nov. Trailer brings your bikes – make sure they are boxed!
- Accomodation – we stay near the start line at Tempe/Wolli Creek. Limited rooms available, otherwise you’ll have to find your own.
- Awards Night Dinner – 6pm Sat 5th Nov, we celebrate the efforts and the year through our Awards dinner. This year it will be at Rowers on Cooks
- We ride Sun 6th Nov– your info pack should arrive in the mail with your bib number and start time. We meet at the startline for a photo, then ride out afterwards
- Mid ride stop – Scarborough Hotel – why not stop in at the Scarborough Hotel for a quick bevvie 15km before the finishline?
- Finish Site – we will have our own tent that is fully catered. The University of Wollongong Mining Engineering guys will be there flipping the BBQ. Beers and other refreshments will be available. This is complimentary for Soft Cogs members. $10 for non-members
- Bus (Return) – the bus leaves around 2:30pm. Remember to rebox your bike! It’ll drop by the hotel if required and the twin servo’s.
Here’s how you can help… Fundraise!
As you can see – there’s a fair bit of logistics and organising from the committee to make the Gong weekend for you as kick-ass as possible. The ONLY THING we ask is that you give the fundraising a red hot go!
The easiest way to do this is get your Gong Ride profile on the MS Page and share the link to your networks to get sponsors.
Enjoy the weekend and if you have suggestions, we’d love to hear it!